Lacy Lynn Tayor lost her tiny tot to a freak accident. According to this report, the Des Moines mum had just left the infant on the changing table to go and fix her bottle. By the time she came back, the baby was no more.
No, she didn’t fall off the table. The little girl passed away after suffocating on the table, when her mum was away. Apparently, the infant rolled over, compressed her neck on the ledge of the changing table, and couldn’t breathe.
The mother has been charged with child endangerment resulting in death. While her husband said that it was an accident, the court believes that the mother was aware that the baby could roll over and hence, shouldn’t have left her unattended.
While chances are that the mother did not deliberately wish ill for the baby, the fact is that the baby is no more. There’s nothing that can be undone. Not only will the mum have to live with the guilt of having been negligent, but the whole family will have to endure this lifelong pain of having lost the baby.
Certain accidents can be averted. It’s a matter of being careful enough. While baby safety seems like something quite simple, sometimes simple logic seems to skip our attention and a tragedy occurs. In this case, the mother could have just carried the bub along or asked someone else to keep an eye on her.