Three Heroes Story Structure follows the Heros Journey mould but distinguishes itself by making both the hero and the shape shifter both likeable and deserving of the final prize.
The Classic Heros Journey also makes the shape shifter likeable and deserving of the prize but in Three Heroes, we get more of the Shape Shifters back-story and surprisingly little of the Heros.
The structure has 26 core sequences, some of which are summarised here:
1) Introduce the shape shifter and a minor foe.
2) Introduce antagonist - include foreshadow of adventure; the antagonist learns that a prize is to be gained. Show the evil nature of the antagonist.
3)Enhance the antagonist's journey. Where the adventure from the point of view of the antagonist is further established; the antagonist investigates the prize, usually through the knowledge of a sage of some sort. Enhance the evil nature of the antagonist.
4) Introduce protagonist. Show the protagonists strengths, weaknesses, status, supernatural gifts etc.
5) Establish relationship between the protagonist and the shape shifter advance the character and goal of the antagonist in between.
6) The protagonist and the shape shifter fall out - establish why. Provide reasons why the shape shifter must seek out or hunt the protagonist.
7) Advance the story of the antagonist and his search for the prize. Enhance his evil nature.
8) The shape shifter prepares to hunt for the protagonist; establish his skills; that he is a threat to the protagonist.
The Three Heroes Story and Screenplay Structure can be found at managing-creativity.
You can also receive a Washing Machine Mould Manufacturers regular, free newsletter by entering your email address at this site.
Kal Bishop, MBA
You are free to reproduce this article as long as no changes are made and the author's name and site URL are retained.